Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Simple Pleasures 011311

I found a new weekly meme, Simple Pleasures (see link at the end of this post) and I'm excited to join in this week. For me, a simple pleasure is driving up Highway 74, which runs along Deep Canyon, and seeing what nature offers! On this day, clouds were hanging on the mountains and they were rising up from the canyon. I pulled over at a turnout and took a walk out to the edge of the cliff and looked out. These clouds were quickly moving up and through the canyon. For somebody who is inside all day during the week, I look forward to my time near the canyon and learning from it and getting some "nature time". Simple Pleasures for January 13, 2011. To visit other participants, please visit Simple Pleasures at: http://alittleofthisandthat2.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. A magic moment. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is breathtaking!!! I love it, and that drive would definitely be a simple pleasure for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo. Whenever I've been up there on 74, it's been one of those clear-days-you-can-see-forever days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Simple Pleasures, Cheryl Ann. We're kindred spirits. I find so many wonderful simple pleasures in the outdoors. I love clouds and all things sky. Your photograph is gorgeous! I'm so glad you joined us today. You've captured the essence of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh....a simple pleasure for certain. So lovely. So, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those views...have one from my office on those rare times there is moisture here...the sun comes up, and the fog and mist moves up the canyon to our south.

    I should post a magical shot of that some time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like such a great place and the clouds....awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were certainly at the right place. That's a great combination of sky happenings. And I say, even more than a simple pleasure. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful moment that must have been...such glorious color - the beauty of His creation is astonishing!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how very beautiful!! I love clouds and mountains. What an amazing photo you've taken. You are so blessed to see such breath-taking moments :-)
    joy in Christ..Trish

    ReplyDelete