Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Clouds and mountain

I drove up to stop and visit the horses yesterday.  A storm front was moving into the mountains and it was windy and COLD!  I got out of my car to take this photo and I had to put another layer on!  I already had a shirt and zip up sweater, but I got out my long fleece-lined denim jacket.  Brrrrrrrr!   The ranch owners were at a ride with some friends, so I had the ranch to myself.  I gave all my horses an extra meal and some oil to help them keep warm with the wind and cold temps.  I actually caught this image in my rear view mirror on the way up.  I sometimes see this cloud effect~where the clouds spill over the top of the mountains and then down below.  I don't know the name of it...if you do, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it's called either, but it makes for an awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete