Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Looking up toward Deep Canyon~Our World Tuesday~021412

Yes, the wind was blowing today.  Right now, it's howling outside and all of our trees and being blown about!  This afternoon, I took a drive out around the valley to get some views of the mountains and clouds.  We don't always have views like these and I wanted to travel around and get into the coming storm.  I traveled away from Deep Canyon and instead went up to Morongo Valley, which is on the other side of the valley, then Desert Hot Springs, and finally up through Sky Valley and down Thousand Palms Canyon Road.  It took me 3 hours to do the complete drive, but I got some great photos!  I looked up, as I was driving home, and saw these clouds over Deep Canyon, so I pulled off and took this photo.  Our World Tuesday for February 14, 2012.  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/  And, if you want to see more of this afternoon's photos, please go on over to my other blog, Deserts and Beyond.  Here's the link:  http://desertsandbeyond.blogspot.com/2012/02/afternoon-driveour-world-tuesday021412.html

5 comments:

  1. The wind is howling up here on top of the Santa Ana Mountains too. ...and it's 36F out. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see the top of the trees blowing in the wind, great capture. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're supposed to get your winds and rains today. THANK YOU!!!! We don't get enough rain so it's always welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so inviting to me! Today is overcast and damp here in Ontario. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic clouds! We went out to Pipes Canyon this last weekend and got some good cloud shots... hope to post them soon.

    ReplyDelete