COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lifeless trees? or not~Nature Notes~020212




There are many dead and lifeless trees along Highway 74 and Deep Canyon.  Unfortunately, my favorite ones are all along the road where there are no turnouts, but I found these along another dirt road last weekend.  I could spend HOURS just observing them and what's in and around them, animals like blue jays and hawks.  But, my time is limited, so back home I drove last Sunday.  However, next weekend, with the promise of continued spring-like weather, I'll have more time to explore!  There are a couple of trees I'll have to hike to in order to take photos of them, but I'm ready!!  There is just so much to explore up in these mountains and I can't WAIT for the weekend! I would love to find an owl up in one of these trees, but I haven't so far...Nature Notes for February 2, 2012.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to this link:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

3 comments:

  1. I like these trees and I sure some bird has a nesting cavity there. A nice home for the critters. Great pic's. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have that urge to explore. The trees look very sculptural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am constantly taking pics of bare trees. So many of them I call VAn Gogh trees because when they are bare you can see their wonderfully curved branches.

    ReplyDelete