Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Egret~World Bird Wednesday~022212




I found a new meme today...World Bird Wednesday!  I'm so excited to find this!  As some of you know, I have several other blogs and one one of them, Deserts and Beyond, I've been documenting my "duck adventures".  But, you know, the desert around Deep Canyon has many other birds.  On Saturday when I visited the Living Desert Reserve, I stopped in both aviaries to check out what birds were there.  Both had cattle egrets.  These long-legged birds are seen all over our desert and sometimes I see them out in the fields, along with cattle.  Often, they are just there in small groups.  I see them frequently on my morning walks along the golf course. So, here are my photos of the egrets at the Living Desert.  World Bird Wednesday for February 22, 2012.  To visit WB, please go to:  http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ 
By the way, I did spot a vulture on the top of the mountain Saturday, gliding out by Coyote Canyon, but by the time I was able to grab my camera, it was GONE!  Maybe next time...

10 comments:

  1. Egrets are fun to watch and I think there's nothing quite so pretty as a green field with cattle and egrets following along! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birds - though this one looks a bit disconsolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely birds. It's always amazing to see them in the desert fields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty cattle egrets. great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots of the egrets Cheryl Ann. It looks to me like you have Great Egrets in the top two photos and Snowy Egrets in the bottom two. Note the long, mostly yellow bill and greenish lores of the birds in the first two images. The last two shots of the Snowy Egrets have black bills and yellow lores. The Snowys also have yellow feet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Egrets - such pretty and elegant birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic captures and I love the Robbie Robertson soundtrack!!!
    ;-)WBW!

    ReplyDelete