Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Looking down Deep Canyon~Nature Notes~030112




It isn't every day that I can get views like this down into Deep Canyon.  I often have cars right behind me when I come down the mountain and I can't stop to take photos.  However, a couple of weeks ago, there weren't any cars behind me and I was able to just stop the click away!  There are so few turnouts that even if there wasn't any traffic, I would be able to get decent photos.  I'm glad I had this opportunity to take pictures of the drive down next to Deep Canyon.  I saw vultures up by Coyote Canyon, which intersects Deep Canyon this same trip, so I'm going to keep my eyes out for them from now on.  Nature Notes for March 1, 2012.  To stop by Nature Notes, please go to this link:    http://ramblingwoods.com/

4 comments:

  1. You're suppose to park to take photos? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl Ann..hope you're feeling better by now..What a place to be able to drive by and get photos..it's so pretty and so different from anything I would see on a drive around western NY..Thank you for linking up to Nature Notes and I hope you have a great week..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a beautiful & well carved terrain. Glad you stopped to grab a few photos!

    ReplyDelete