I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, February 6, 2012
Flowers~a bit of color today!
You know, I never post photos of flowers on this blog because, except for the wildflowers along Highway 74, there aren't any in Deep Canyon. Pinyon trees, yes, but flowers? No. However, yesterday I stopped by Desert Ridge villas to take some photos of their waterfalls and I saw a flower bed full of beautiful, colorful flowers, and I just couldn't resist taking some photos of them. They were wet from the sprinklers and as I left, a hummingbird came by to enjoy them. I got a few photos of him before he flew off. I thought you might enjoy some color this morning, so here are the flowers. We seem to be having an early spring this year, so I'm not sure how many wildflowers I'll see this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They have a 'lifting' to our souls. Pretty!
ReplyDeleteAny flower is welcome this time of year:) I enjoy having them around in the desert. They are starting to pop up all over. Nice macros.
ReplyDeleteI love your flower shots. I can't wait to get out to the desert soon to see what is in bloom.
ReplyDeleteAt the Living Desert awhile back, there were some blooms on the cacti but I'm craving even more desert blooms.
I'm wondering when would be best to go up to Joshua tree area.