COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Looking down the canyon~Santa Rosa mountains visitor center

I wanted to get out for a walk this morning so I headed up toward the Santa Rosa mountain visitor center, which is at the base of Deep Canyon.  There were a lot of cars parked across the street and people were out hiking, but the visitor center was deserted.  GOOD!  I saw finches, quail, and a cactus wren feeding on their feeders.  I had the whole place to myself.  At 8:00 a.m., it wasn't even open yet, so I walked around the trails there.  It was a beautiful, warm morning.  We haven't had much of a winter this year and we are having an early spring, so I can only IMAGINE what this summer will be like...sigh...But, I intend to take advantage of this beautiful weather while I can!  :-)  This is a view from the visitor center trails looking down toward Palm Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment