I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, March 12, 2012
Desert zone~Our World Tuesday~031312
About 25-30 miles from the magical Ponderosa pine forest and meadow is the base of the Santa Rosa mountains, which is at the south end of Palm Desert. This habitat is very different. First, it is only at 1,000 to 1,500 feet. Second, it is a desert environment. There are lots of ocotillo and creosote bushes. There are a few wildflowers blooming right now. This area gets the summer monsoon storms and water pours down the canyons. It also gets snow in the winter, but not much this year. From this environment, I move through the mid-elevation pinyon zone, then up higher to the wonderful Ponderosa pine forests of Garner Valley. So, here are some photos of the desert zone, which goes from about 1,000 feet up to about 1,500 feet. Our World Tuesday for March 13, 2012 To visit other worlds, please go to: http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Everything is drier than usual. I don't think the desert will bloom much this year.
ReplyDeleteLooks like what's down the hill from me.
ReplyDeleteThat looks ever so dry.
ReplyDeleteI hope we don't end up like that: the U.K. is now officially in a drought. Who'd have thought that were ever going to happen.
Love seeing the header again.
Those are nice scenes of the desert.
ReplyDelete