The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Return to Fobes Road and fence



I returned to Fobes Road yesterday.  My doctor ordered me off my feet for several days as my right knee apparently has arthritis.  It was REALLY hurting yesterday and the anti-inflammatory medication she ordered for me made me sick.  But, by afternoon, I was ready to venture up to the mountains for some sightseeing.  I also had to buy 4 bags of pellets for the horses before the big snow storm approached.  Anyway, I drove back down Fobes Road, which is in Garner Valley, up in the ponderosa forest, which is at 5,000 feet elevation. There are no roads through the meadow behind the barbed wire fence.  There are hiking trails on the other side, and forest roads and I was able to stay in my car and explore a few of these.  However, somebody was out shooting and I didn't wish to intrude, so I cut short my excursion (a wise decision, don't you think?)  Unfortunately, there were two cars and one of them turned and followed me all the way back to the highway, then the two men inside just sat there.  Hmmm....I'm NOT liking that kind of behavior!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like weird hunter stuff.

    I love the use of natural looking fence posts.

    Take care of that knee.

    ReplyDelete