The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ice on cholla~Nature Notes~032212




I don't often see ice on cholla, so when I drove up the road next to Deep Canyon last Sunday, I was thrilled to see quite a few cholla with ice on them.  I pulled off at one turnout and hobbled over to this one to take a closer look.  Isn't that interesting?  It looks like little, white cotton balls!  This storm dropped the most snow on our local mountains that I've seen in a couple of years and it is welcomed.  Nature Notes for 032212.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to this link:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

5 comments:

  1. Nice scene...I like those clumps of wet snow and ice on the ground and cactus parts. I flew over your area Mon about lunch, and the mountains above LA were so white. (and nothing in Abq...went E and N of us...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sort of a contradiction really, isn't it? We didn't get any snow or ice settling on this side of the valley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sighting. I just worry about the bite under the soft snowballs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool looking on the cactus..I guess that doesn't happen too often and never in my neighborhood....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty, i too gets excited always whenever i see cactus and cholla with ice or snow.

    ReplyDelete