The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Joshua Tree National Park wildflowers~Nature Notes~032912


Hubby and I traveled out to Joshua Tree National Park last Saturday.  It was an overcast day, not the best for taking photos, but he was off for the whole weekend, so off we went.  I didn't get to drive up through Deep Canyon and I am missing it.  There was more snow up there last weekend and I honestly didn't wish to be hobbling around with my sore knee up there.  So, he and I headed the other direction, toward Joshua Tree.  We ate lunch and entered the park through the western entrance.  There were a few more blossoms on the joshua trees, but not many wildflowers at that end of the park.  We decided to drive all the way through it, since our daughter lives in Indio and we had to stop by her house before heading home.  There were more wildflowers at the eastern end of the park and I stopped to take some photos of them.  There were lots of blues and purples, but not too many yellow ones.  It hasn't been the best year for wildflowers anywhere here in the desert, since we haven't had the rains like we had last year...sigh...but at least there were a few flowers blooming.  Nature Notes for March 29, 2012.  To visit Nature Notes, please visit:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and a lot more than I saw on my walk today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that these flowers can survive in such a dry environment. Beautiful...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I admire the writing style :) A little off topic here but what theme are you using? Looks pretty cool.
    bestdigitalcamerasreview.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed yesterday that the "Mountain Community Group" in Anza just southwest of you will be doing a nature walk and viewing the wildflowers. They will be doing the Flaower Walk and Talk on Sunday April 22, 2012. Hope you can go there and take some pics. I can't because I live in Sweden, though the area they are hiking through is the mouth of Hamilton creek to Burnt Valley. I live in Burnt Valley for 26 years before coming here 6 years ago. I really miss the southwest.

    My blogs mainly deal with my experience in mycorrhizal relationships and other types of networking functions all ecosystems provide. Most of my experience came from living in Anza. I also love the Pinyon area near Deep Canyon.

    Thanks for your blog, I have now bookmarked it.

    Cheers, Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. I like the feather caught in the first one.

    ReplyDelete