I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
And on a sad note...another fox is gone
Another fox has been hit by a vehicle up on Highway 74, which runs along Deep Canyon. This is the third one I've seen since December. It is making me wonder if there are kits that now don't have a parent...sigh...Really, the people driving up that road need to SLOW DOWN!!!! I don't have any photos of the foxes myself (since I only see the dead ones), but I did find these photos online. I did notice that the foxes had both gray and some red one them, but I'm not sure which scientific name would apply to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is so sad! I hate it when innocent animals get killed by cars.
ReplyDeleteThese images are gray fox. I wonder if there are Kit fox in that area.
ReplyDeleteSo sad.
ReplyDeleteI saw the foxes above 3,000 feet, so they aren't desert foxes or kit foxes. And, they had a LOT of gray and red on them. I'll have to stop in at the Santa Rosa mountains visitor center and ask the rangers there what kind of foxes live at that altitude.
ReplyDeleteSadness. Just now reading this. When we lived at the lake I became quite fond of the red foxes that lived nearby. One huge male would come onto my deck early in the mornings to watch the lake. They, too, were killed by cars - or so it appeared. Makes me so, so, so sad.
ReplyDelete