The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Fields of yellow~Mellow Yellow Monday~043012




I drove up through Garner Valley on Saturday.  It was a gorgeous morning and I really wanted to get out and see some scenery.  And, to my delight, the meadows were awash with yellow wildflowers!  They were everywhere!  I drove out one road next to a huge meadow and just sat and stared and listened to the meadowlarks!  These are some of the scenes I saw for Mellow Yellow Monday.  To visit MYM, please go to:   http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. These flowers are also heavily prevelant around the usually dry lakebed between Anza and Terwilliger Valleys smack in the middle of the Cahuilla Indian Reservation.

    Sadly at one time there were literally thousands of acres of this yellow carpeted mats all around the western postions of Hemet and San Jacinto. Having not been there for ages I imagine these have disappeared as well.

    Thanks for the memories. I also love the sound of Meadow Larks which were once abundant in El Cajon and Santee where I grew up as a kid, but are now extinct from that area.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow meadows really offset the pines. What a delightful place to just hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. striking yellow. The english countryside is covered in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely landscape, looks like just the place I would like to be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Central TX -- we have fields of yellow wildflowers as well. Very nice capture. Visiting from MYM -- Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great capture and place.... visiting you on MYM, Hope you could visit me here Wifey Online Diary
    i follow you hope you could follow me too on my G+, thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These wildflowers are a sunny delight across the fields!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those scenes are refreshing to look at...nice shots!

    ReplyDelete