Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Burnt Cabin

There's a road up in our local mountains called "Burnt Cabin Road" and yes, indeed, near that road there IS a burnt-out cabin.  It's been this way ever since I can remember...I haven't found a road down TO it yet.  Hmmm...I wish I still had the 4-wheel Toyota RAV!  Anyway, I know there is a road because I've seen people down there once.  I'd like to go investigate it someday, when hubby is with me.  I wouldn't do it alone, however!  Guess that's on my "to do" list!  Anyway, over the winter the roof finally caved in and this is what it looked like this past weekend.  It is down in a hollow and I've never seen a road which goes to the cabin, but I'll ask around town and see what I can find out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl-Ann

    There are no actual roads to it anymore. You have to walk it. I use to live right above it. That roof has actually been caved in for many years. From Hwy 371 you'll notice a riparian area in the foreground and that is hamilton Creek which from it's mouth in Anza leads all the way back up to Burnt Valley Rd & Burnt Vally itself.

    In the old days when it was still intact there was a massive bee hive living in one of the walls. That whole area use to have more trees and I mean giant trees, but for some strange reason things have been gradually dying off over the years.

    The Anza Mountain Communities Meep-up Group is having a nature wild-flower walk up that Hamilton Creek from it's mouth to Burnt Valley Rd on April 22, 2012. I'm in Sweden so I won't be there , but several will be there. Here's a link with instructions for attending the walk. They will be meeting on Sunday at Diner 371.

    http://www.meetup.com/Mountain-Communities-Group/events/58259532/

    There are a few ways to get to it, they are easy if you know where, but difficult to describe on the net. Hope you can attend it and report back to us. Joining the Anza Meet-up group is free.

    Have fun , Kevin

    ReplyDelete