I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Bighorn sheep and a close call!
Well, a bighorn sheep was hit and killed up on the highway this week. Some elderly gentleman was driving up the mountain and SPLAT! ran into a bighorn sheep and struck it and mortally wounded it. Somebody wrote in to the local newspaper and stated that he'd seen the sheep hanging around the area for about a week. Hmmm...that doesn't sound good (or healthy...) The driver apparently wasn't cited. And, I nearly was hit by an oncoming truck and horse trailer while I was trying to drive by a bicyclist on a curve today. That road is BARELY wide enough for two cars, let alone bicyclists. Frankly, I believe that bicyclists should be BANNED from the road. Period. There just isn't anywhere to go when you have to TRY to go around one and there is oncoming traffic!!! I sped up to pass him, then, to my horror, the truck and trailer were slightly over their lane and we nearly hit. I slammed on my brakes and avoided a collision (the LAST thing I want to do is to hit either an animal or a horse trailer!)...I blew my horn at the bicyclist and continued on, shaken but in one piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment