The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mountain time




I didn't head up the mountain yesterday.  I'm finding that after teaching all week, I'm still exhausted on Saturdays, so I stayed home, did laundry, and planted my cosmos, black eyed Susan seeds, and more sunflower seeds.  The dogs "helped" me.  HA!  If you call walking all over my newly-planted seeds helping!!!!  I really didn't do much else.  I stayed in my work clothes all day...sigh...I did wander over to my neighbor's yard sale and saw a little TV for sale for $10, so I bought it and put it in my office.  I needed one in there because I moved my laptop there (it's our daughter's old room) and I now spend most of my waking time at my laptop in there, looking out the window at the birds out front.  When I get up in the mornings, at 4:30 a.m., it would be nice to have the news on while I blog, so I figured $10 wasn't a bad deal for a little TV.  I like my office (my "woman cave") because I can sit and look at the birds in the front yard and as soon as I wash the windows, I'll start taking photos of some of them.  The scrub jay comes to visit every now and then, although he's been quiet lately and we think he's out looking for a mate.  We do now have a male Oriole who comes and enjoys the sunflower seeds, along with various finches and sparrows and doves.  I have two sock feeders for some kind of little bird with yellow feathers (I haven't identified it yet).  There is also a Cooper's hawk who now claims our neighborhood as his territory and I notice that when the birds spot him, they ALL disappear!  Anyway, hubby has to leave for work early this morning, so I'll head out and drive up the mountain and take photos.  He's taking my Canon to work with him, so I'll be using my Nikon.  I don't really have any new photos, but I took these during my morning walk last week and also I took these pics of my flowers with my Nikon and also the one on the bottom, which is looking up toward Deep Canyon.

1 comment: