Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cal State Palm Desert campus~Weekend Reflections~ 042112



There's a new satellite campus of Cal State San Bernardino in Palm Desert now, along with a satellite campus of UC Riverside.  They are on acreage right next to one another and it's hard to tell where one begins and the other ends.  I drove through the parking lot and got out one weekend morning a few weeks ago because I had time to go exploring.  I'm glad I stopped.  Just look at the reflections!  And, look at this beautiful bronze horse statue.  Isn't he magnificent?  He reminds me of Sunni, my quarter horse/draft gelding.  The statue is called "Freedom Horse".  I need to return to this campus and take more photos.  Maybe I'll do that in August when the thunderheads return.  Weekend Reflections for April 21, 2012.  To visit Weekend Reflections, please go to:   http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Very cool reflections on the building glass and I like the statue. Always nice to see outdoor art on a campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the late 1990s I spent time working at this Satellite campus when it was only mobile home type commercial trailers. I had forgotten they were going to build their own buildings on the College of the Desert Campus property.

    Do they still have the weekend Fleamarket on the weekends there ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES,they do! It is very crowded when the snowbirds are here, but I expect it to start to clear out this weekend, since our temps are up into the 105's. Yes, I remember the trailers. I drove to UC Riverside for my teaching credential back in 1985...wish they had this campus here at that time! I had a VW rabbit (diesel) and she took me over 200,000 miles before she blew her head gasket! Ahhh....those were the days!

    ReplyDelete