Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beauty in mud~Sunday Stills Challenge~042912



See?  Mud CAN be beautiful, especially when there are fresh tracks in it, like these dog tracks..  Our local mountains had TONS of rain Wednesday evening, so I was anxious to drive up there yesterday (and see my horses).  On the way home, I took one of my favorite side roads up in Pinyon because I know it always is muddy after a rain storm and I found these undisturbed tracks.  There were no human tracks around them, but people do walk their dogs up there. Maybe coyote tracks?  Definitely canine... They were the only tracks in the mud.  I may return there today for another look.  Sunday Stills Challenge for April 29, 2012.  To visit SSC, please go to:  http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

  1. Great shots. What a good idea to go looking for paw prints in mud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could handle some of that rain here. Looks like it was a good soaking rain.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete