The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Preparing for summer~Our World Today~042412


When I drove up the mountain highway to check on my horses yesterday, I was surprised to see all these water bottles neatly placed on one of the turnouts.  There is a trail here which a lot of people use (I've never been on it, however).  I occasionally see a couple of water bottles there for hikers, but never this many.  It made me stop and think that with our recent high temperatures (it was 105 degrees down in the desert yesterday) that summer is nearly upon us!  ACK!  Here it is, the last week of April and people are placing water bottles already.  Believe me, there are times when somebody would welcome a bottle of water, like one of these!  However, today was only 92 degrees!  I took a quick run up the mountain road to stop at the feed store and buy bags of pellets for the horses because a storm front is moving in.  As I drove to the summit of the highway, clouds were spilling over the tops of the mountains and the Anza valley was totally shrouded with clouds.  And, it was sprinkling.  Er, uh...I think Thursday's storm is already here!  So, we've gone from 90 and 100+ degree days to cold, wet weather up in the mountains and a storm rolling in!  Ahhhh....spring!  Our World Tuesday for April 24, 2012. Oh, and if you are wondering, yes, I have left full water bottles here, also.  This seems to be a major trail which I believe leads down into Carrizo Canyon, a parallel canyon to Deep Canyon, but it runs along the western edge of Palm Desert.  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Nice of someone to leave water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting way to support visitors. Whoever does it really cares. - Margy

    ReplyDelete