COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Granite Dells




There's a place right outside of Prescott called the Granite Dells.  There's even a park where you can go, pay $2.00, and then park and climb and hike out on the rocks.  We were there twice in the afternoon, one time later than the other.  On this afternoon, however, there were wispy white clouds in the sky and they added another dimension to the colors of the rocks.  I wish I could have climbed further down the rocks, but with my knee like it is, I have to err on the side of caution these days!  I did include a couple of people in their kayaks, thus violating my preference of taking photos WITHOUT homo sapiens...sigh...I guess it's okay to include people once in a while!  Anyway, we enjoyed our visits to the Granite Dells.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been there, but I've seen photos of this amazing place. I think we may be in that area after summer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes people put the landscape into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'm much the same way - preferring photos without people. However, Gaelyn's right - people do help put things into perspective. Though I still wish they were not there. LOVE this place. Clearly, I need to get thyself back to AZ for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the rock formations out there.

    ReplyDelete