Saturday morning I drove up to Pinyon to visit my friend Barbara. We've been friends for over 20 years now. We taught at the same school one year and have been friends ever since. We've both talking about retiring in a couple of years and we've even talked about opening up a horse rescue and having therapy horses for kids to groom and ride. Anyway, that's our dream...
I always LOVE to stop at her place, which is up in Pinyon. There are wild doves, SCRUB JAYS, rabbits, and even coyotes up there. She finally put a fence all around the back of her property. She has chickens and a goat and the CUTEST pork bellied pig, "Hungry", who lives up to his name. He gets into the alfalfa and then comes out and plops down on one of her dogs' beds! And, he loves to have his tummy scratched!
We sat and talked for three hours yesterday. But, the time just flew by and by 1:30, I was hungry, so I drove home, grabbed a healthy salad and a shot of wheatgrass, and went home. I'm trying to avoid the flu which is going around the valley and county...(fingers crossed...)
Photo is of a dead pinyon in her yard. Apparently you aren't allowed to cut DOWN a pinyon, but this one is dead anyway, so the branches were TRIMMED. It is one of the oldest pinyons up there and at one time, I'm sure it was a magnificent tree. It still is...I'm always drawn to it.

That sounds like a great goal for retirement. The pinons live for a very long time, right?
ReplyDelete