COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, January 3, 2014

Oh, no! Computer crash...and a photo storage question

I've been using an old hand-me-down desktop that hubby rounded up somewhere.  The thing has a non-working copy of Office, so I can't use WORD or powerpoint...sigh...now it has crashed completely.  Fortunately, hubby pulled off my photos last week, and I only have 3 files of them current on its desktop. BUT, he defragged it yesterday and tried to run a free antivirus program, only to find it FULL of malware, which, of course, he blames on my blogging.  SAY WHAT?   ...sigh...so now the whole thing is shut down and I'm waiting for our son, who is microsoft certified, to come out sometime day and declare whether it will live or die...sigh...

So, please bear with me.  I have photos to upload, but hubby's laptop (which I'm using right now) is FULL, so I have no place to store them...

Can anybody recommend a web based site to store photos?  Or, a cloud based one?  I've always just stored them on the desktop...

THANK YOU for your help!  I sure need it!
~~Cheryl Ann~~

4 comments:

  1. In addition to storing photos and data on my laptop's hard drive I have 2 external hard drives for back up. Sorry to hear of these problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I also backup all my photos on an external hard drive, then have a second external HD for secondary backup. That way I can take earlier photos off my computer to make more room -- because I have so many photos -- and still have a real backup of all of them. I'm in current need of backing up all the 2013 photos, because I didn't get that done on a regular basis last year (not the best way of doing things).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl Ann, I saw your predicament while reading Al's post at the Bayfield bunch blog. I have used Carbonite backup service for several years. It's about $50 a year for the basic service. I also use a local backup on an external SSD (solid state drive) hard drive, that just plugs in to a USB slot, using an automated software program called Second Copy (found on internet). That way I have two back ups of my files, one local and one on the cloud. Good luck, pc problems are frustrating. Oh one other thing, for Office, I use a free program called OpenOffice. It's reliable and safe. You can get it on the internet. Just Google the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloud storage,
    Look into Dropbox (2 or 3 Gig FREE)
    Photobucket is goog also and specific for organizing pictures.

    An external HD is good too. Carbonite could be good but may prove to be hard to deal with if you are using a laptop and not online for an extended period (with a very good & fast connection) regularly.

    Hope those suggestions help.

    ReplyDelete