COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Drought

In the 38 years that hubby and I have lived here in the desert, I've NEVER seen it this dry.  And, it was evident yesterday when I drove up to the mountains and saw the "HIGH WARNING" fire signs.  There is NO snow in our local mountains...NONE...

Then, today, I found this article:

http://theguzzler.blogspot.com/2014/01/colorado-river-drought-forces-painful.html

LOOK at the photo of Lake Mead!  My goodness!  That's low.  And, the article says that by 2015, Lake Mead will have a 50/50 chance of rationing water downstream (which has never been done before).

So, those of you envying our warm winter, BEWARE...it comes with a price for us and the price is water.

1 comment:

  1. Plus Lake Powell is over 100 feet below full pool. It's scary dry here in the SW. We need lots of snow in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete