COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Changes

I will be 62 soon (next month) and while watching "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel", I realized that I'm one of those "old people"!  YES!  I almost couldn't believe it, but it's TRUE!  I've slowed down, I don't type as fast as I used to, I don't process information like I used to, and BELIEVE ME, it isn't as easy for me to get up on a horse (I need a mounting block!).  And, my feet just don't work like they used to either.  I used to swim, ice skate, and participate in track.  In fact, when our son applied to colleges, I used to jog around the streets near out home with him!  (That is, until I pulled my Achilles tendon).  I struggle to make it through each day at school.  Sometimes I just deflate after lunch...

Look, hubby and I are on the "downside" slide toward retirement.  I really don't mind it at all.  I had 3 weeks off at Christmas and it was a good break.  I cleaned the house, I vacuumed, I did dishes, and I did a lot of things that I don't normally have time to do.

I read blogs about people who boondock and think, "Wouldn't that be wonderful?  Just get up and GO!"...but with two large dogs, 3 cats, and 5 horses, I don't think boondocking would work!  Hubby has maybe one more year of work, then he will retire.  After this year, I have two more years.  And, you know what?  I'm REALLY looking forward to it!  :-)

No, we don't have snow!  I took this photo a couple of years ago...

4 comments:

  1. There will be lots of changes for you in the next couple of years. I hope you enjoy each one as you look toward retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me you will both LOVE retirement ..... It is special and something to savor !!!!! Hope it arrives soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We persuaded one of our daughters to move back home. She is the only reason we can go. She takes care of the animals while we are gone. Which of course, we are right now...
    Once we retired and got out there, I found that the more I do, the more I seem to be able to do. It took a while though.

    ReplyDelete