It was cloudy here in the desert today...cloudy and dreary. While I like clouds, I do not like the cold, dreary weather. I get sluggish. So far I've already had one morning nap, with the dogs curled up either next to me on the bed or beside the bed. I did, HOWEVER, go out and fill 1 large green waste container with piles of leaves in the back yard! Yippie! And, I did rake up all the birdseed left on the ground by the birds. Man, they sure make a mess! So, the front yard is CLEAN and I've started on the back yard (which is a total disaster...sigh...)
Anyway, I did manage to make 2 glass mason jars of kitchen wipes. One has Castille soap and peppermint essential oil and water. The other one has water, vinegar, and lemon essential oil. They both have some of my old kitchen towels which I cut into squares. I HATE having to buy commercial wipes. Have you ever read the ingredients and the warnings on them? (...shudder...)
And, I've done 4 loads of laundry and 2 loads of dishes. The first load was mainly pots and pans, so it really doesn't count. I'm just too lazy to wash them all! The second load was dishes.
For some reason there are a LOT of finches and sparrows at the feeders today. And, this is despite the fact that the Cooper's hawk was out on his favorite telephone pole this morning. Then, when I was working out in the back yard, I glanced up and a Kestrel was up there! Now, at 2:30 p.m., the Cooper's hawk is back. He seems to catch a dove every 3-4 days...sigh...I'm assuming there is a pair of them and they have youngsters to raise?
Anyway, here's a view looking out across our valley today from the Toro Peak webcam, looking north. Even with the gloom, it's about 71 degrees here today.

You sure didn't let feeling sluggish stop you from doing a whole bunch of work. I always feel kind of bad when I see a lone dove.
ReplyDelete