I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
B is for birds...ABC Wednesday~012214
So I finally put a couple of feeders out front, in the sunlight, set up my tripod, and happily clicked away. No, I clicked by hand, not a remote (I don't have a remote). I got so that I could anticipate bird movement. These were three photos I cropped, but otherwise they are right out of the camera. I think I had it set at automatic ISO and 1/400 of a second (if I remember correctly)...Anyway, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to try to get more photos. Oh, and when I got home this afternoon, the Cooper's hawk chased off ALL the doves and went swooshing through our trees, without a meal again. ABC Wednesday for January 22, 2014..."birds"... To visit ABC Wednesday, please go to: http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love birds. you were rewarded nicely. I finally bought a new bag of birdseed...now to fill the feeders!
ReplyDeleteBirds are fascinating to watch.
ReplyDeleteLove the hawks but am glad the doves got away. Guess I am a softie.
Wonderful shots of the birds. Carver, ABC Wed. Team
ReplyDeleteAny good shots are always marvelous, and these are.
ReplyDeleteROG, ABC Wednesday
I really MUST start using my tripod and experimenting with the manual on my camera. Love your shots.
ReplyDeleteleslie
abcw team
New bird to me. Don't see any like that where I am. Pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love watching birds at the feeder. You got some nice shots.
ReplyDeleteJoy _ ABC Team