COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013 and HELLO 2014

I should like this year better than 2013...I was born on the 14th of February (yes, Valentine's Day), which was also my parents' wedding anniversary.  2013 wasn't a bad year...I didn't lose any horses in 2013 and I'm hoping I don't lose any to colic this year.  The school year is about 1/3 over (YIPPIE!), and hubby and I are already thinking about our summer travel plans.

We had a HUGE dinner with our son last night.  His birthday is December 28 (he's 34 years young...), but had to work that day and our daughter and her family were out of town, but we all got together last night.  HA~  Guess who the only sober one was?  Yup...me.  I had to drive our daughter to her house to get some things she forgot, then I had to drive our son around his complex to find one of his friends who was lost!  Finally, I drove hubby home at 11:30 p.m.  Just too much "fun".

I don't go back to school until January 13 (THANK GOODNESS!), then I have January 20th off for Martin Luther King's birthday.  And, I have two 3-day weekends in February, whoo, whoo!  Spring break is March 23-30th, then a LONG April and May, then 2 weeks in June and I'm DONE with school for this year!

I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I DO need to get out and walk.  Since school starts early, I'm now planning on doing my walks AFTER school, in the afternoons, at least until it gets too hot.  We haven't had much snow in our mountains this season, and the next week looks pretty dry, too, with no snow forecast for at least the next couple of weeks.  Hmmm....I wonder what kind of wildflower season we will have this year?  Last year's wildflower show was abysmal.

I walked up by the Santa Rosa mountain visitor's center a couple of mornings ago and took this photo...

HAPPY 2014, everybody!
~~Cheryl Ann~~

1 comment:

  1. Seems you're the only smart one of the bunch. And that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete