COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

All I wanted to do was plant my lavender, but I took a tumble!

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous morning here in the desert and by afternoon, I believe it was about 74 degrees here.  I headed over to both Lowes and Home Depot to buy some plants for our railroad tie planter.  I wanted to get some for the bees and hummingbirds, so I bought 3 lavender plants, 2 yellow shrubs, and a couple of red things.  Oh, and some kind of little shrub I'd never seen before.  I noticed a hummingbird feeding on it at Home Depot, so I bought 2 of them for about $3.00 each.  Oh, and Lowe's had a 1 gallon bougainvilla for $3.00 with some frost damage, so I picked that up, also.  I also bought some 6 packs of stock and alyssum.

The previous day I had dug 4 spots along our rock pathway for a couple of lavender and 2 other plants.  I really wanted to alternate purple and yellow, so I bought 1 yellow daisy and something else with tubes.

Hum de hum...I was busy planting 3 of the shrubs when I went KER-SPLAT!  I forgot the 4th hole was there, my foot went in it, and I went face first toward the rocky pathway, just missing my head from one of the rocks there.  I threw out my right hand to protect my face and landed hard on my side.  OUCH!

I laid there for a minute or two (I was alone, at home, at the time) and my faithful black lab, Ripley, came over to see if I was okay.  I quite unlady-like got myself up, dusted off, and looked at my right hand. It was cut in two places and my knee was scraped.  I was a bit shaky, but basically okay.  I went and sat down for about 15 minutes and just listened to the birds making a ruckus over the bird seed.

I tried to lie down, but couldn't sleep, so I went back outside and attempted to clean off the front porch.  I did arrange our two red plastic chairs to get a good view of the bird feeders, then later I went out and put some nasturtium seeds and delphinium and baby's breath out in the planter.  I hope the damn dog doesn't dig everything up!  She's not much of a digger, however, so I think they'll be fine.  I'll go out today and take some pics.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about your fall, I am glad you were not seriously hurt. I am sure the lavender and the bougainvillea will be beautiful. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear..But n the good side, YOU have lavender, which I love!!! Would you email me and tell me how you got your copyright gadget on your header?...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. That hurts. I've done that so many times in my life. I sometimes think I'm totally without coordination! Glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did that once and broke a wrist -
    i did that a second time and shattered
    an elbow because i was protecting my broken wrist. All this to say - i'm sorry that happened to you but good that you didn't break anything. loved reading all about what you bought. When I lived in Alta Loma i was all about my gardens and property planting here and there, moving rocks, etc... now I have no idea how to have a garden in the mountains. i need to study up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the post from quiet corner asked how did you get your copyright thing...would love to know...

    ReplyDelete