I used to have a little Canon Coolpix. It's so OLD I can't even find a photo of one! I actually had a couple of them. The first one just quit one day and the lens wouldn't pop out, so hubby bought me another one. I believe, at that time, they were about $98.00...(if my memory serves me correctly...) Anyway, the second one I kept in my purse. This was pre-cell phone days, when I didn't wish to lug around my huge Nikon camera or even my little Canon that I used to have. I'll TRY to get some decent photos of these two cameras with my cell phone, but it is my son's old Samsung and I'm still getting used to its camera! (I'm NOT that impressed with it. So far, the photos I've taken with it are blurry!)
Frankly, my iPad (from school) has a really decent camera in it and I can also shoot video of the grandkids. I often have it with me, but I usually forget to use it! My big Canon takes video, but I haven't used that yet...
Ahhhh.... so much to learn and so little time! (see what I mean about the blurry photos?) By the time it focuses and I move my hand to take the picture, it is OUT of focus! ... sigh...
Anyway, this was before the days when you could instantly upload your photos onto Facebook or whatever...I had to plug the memory cards from these camera into my computer and upload the photos onto the hard drive! I still have to do that with my Nikon and Canon. In fact, I have a bunch of photos on my Nikon that I haven't even uploaded yet. This was BEFORE the days of "instant, instant, instant"!!! And, I still have the first camera my dad ever bought me, but that's another story for another day!


Until recently, I had been taking pics with my cellphone. Its 8mp and takes a pretty decent shot. I bought my wife D3100 Nikon because she really wanted to learn photography. Well, between its size, making it inconvenient to lug along, and its complexity, she doesn't use it as much as she intended.
ReplyDeleteI just saw an ad on Google for a Canon SX280 refurbished point and shoot. I bought it, and I should've bought it instead of the Nikon. It fits in my pocket, and takes excellent pictures. In fact with my skill level, its just as good for me as the Nikon.
Sometimes more is less.
The Search for Oxygen.
My iPhone takes great pix but I like my Canon P & S for everyday and then Canon "zoomer" for distance shots!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteI have a cheap-o phone that takes really lousy pictures!! But that's okay because I still like to download my pictures and make any corrections necessary before I share them. There are instant mashed potatoes available too but I don't use them either haha!! Not always a fan of the latest technology - guess I'm really OLD!
ReplyDelete