So, my question today is this: HOW do you blog?
I sometimes have a photo in mind that I want to share and that motivates me. However, other times I don't have a photo in mind, but I wish to write on a certain topic. I often just sit here and look at a blank post!
Other times, I get inspired, especially from Al over at Travel with the Bayfield Bunch! :-) He's pretty down to earth and often speaks of topics which I then mull over in my mind.
It is hard to try to blog daily when I really only get out to take photos on the weekend. Weekdays are too busy and I'm too tired in the afternoon to deal with anything other than coming home and resting! I spent my last few days of winter break staying at home and cleaning the house, so that wasn't too exciting! Hubby had to return to work, so we didn't go anywhere...and now, it's back to school and I already am sneezing and probably coming down with something! EGADS! 1 day back at school and my throat hurts already!
Oh, and there's an outbreak of measles at Disneyland and my good friend and colleague just went there over winter break! I had measles as a child, but can you get it again??? Especially 50+ years later?
Thanks for the mention Cheryl Ann. My topics often come from ideas picked up from other Bloggers as I read various posts here & there. 95% of my photos are taken daily but occasionally I end up at the end of a day with nothing. It is those days I have to dip back into my file photos. I try to include at least one photo between each paragraph. Sometimes I end up with too many paragraphs for photos & other times I end up with too many photos to fit in between my paragraphs, It's general the latter.
ReplyDeleteBeing "back home" for a couple years now (well, it will be in a few days) it's become a little tougher to come up with something of even minor interest. Sometimes I just suck at it. And other times I don't bother posting anything at all....
ReplyDeleteI don't think we can get them again. I guess I should say, I HOPE we can't get them again. I can't imagine a teacher (or anybody else for that matter) NOT getting sick being around so many children at this time of year.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to answer the question!
ReplyDeleteI had much fewer problems with this when I had two blogs. One was photos only and other was mostly written. I combined them a couple of years ago and that is when the quandary popped up. These days, what I post always always revolves around photos. The purely written posts, are collecting dust in my dashboard as drafts.