We don't socialize much at all. I am an only child, but I do have two first cousins. One lives in Alaska and the other one has 3 kids and lives in Orange County (2 hours away). We NEVER see her or her family...oh, well. I occasionally see my second cousin, Valerie, who is also an only child, but she's a professional artist and has quite a following.
I DO socialize with a couple of my colleagues from school and I'm good friends with another colleague, Barb, who lives up in Pinyon. That's about it for me.
Hubby has a couple of friends and that's it for him.
We DO socialize with our kids and grandkids and for us, that's enough! Sometimes it is even too much!
We just enjoy coming home, having a home cooked dinner, and watching Netflix. I toddle off to bed around 7:30 and hubby stays up later, but he doesn't have to be at work as early as I do!
If you wish to see my cousins, here are links to their web pages:
Cindy Kyle Photography (she's a professional photographer)
http://www.cindykylephotography.com/
and Valerie Trozelle, my 2nd cousin, who is a professional artist: http://trozellestudios.com/ We are the same age and are only 3 weeks apart in age. She started drawing animals as a child and has done so ever since! She has 4 horses and spends her winters down here in the desert and her summers up in Garner Valley. She took my mare, Beauty, and trained her, and fell in love with her. Unfortunately, Beauty died one night in her corral and we don't know why. I found her the next morning...THAT is a very sad part of our lives.
I don't follow either of them on Facebook, but they are there also. I'm pretty much a loner. I prefer my horses to humans anyway! :-) I DO, however, enjoy all of my followers here. It's much easier for me to write than to talk person to person! And, I've met some very nice folks here online!
Hello there!

i will check out those links...
ReplyDeletewe use to socialize a lot in our 30's and less so in our 40's and then in our 50's mostly with the kids and their inlaws and then in our 60's i'm a loner now - i prefer it that way - we could socialize up here in this small town and have been invited to join this or that - but we don't - we just walk the lake and say hello to those we pass. that's about it - and oh yes - still the kids and their kids and inlaws sometimes.