A couple of other bloggers have posted about Palm Canyon, but theirs is the one down by Anza-Borrego. We went to the Indian Canyons here in Palm Springs, CA. They are on Agua Caliente (Cahuilla) land, and we each paid $7.00 (over 62) to enter for a total of $14.00. Unfortunately, the clerk gave me $1.00 back from a $20, so when I pointed that out to her, she apologized...(so, check your change!) There's a toll booth as you enter and every car has to pay.
The first canyon, on the right, is Andreas. Hubby used to ditch high school and come here and play. That was before the days of tollbooths! :-) It's very shady, calm, and peaceful here. In fact, I sat on a picnic bench and just listened to the water running over rocks and I imagined what it could have been like here 300 years ago...I've always loved Andreas Canyon. It's very beautiful, with rocks sticking right out of the earth. And, of course, I always get a couple photos of hubby!


Pretty and very scenic!....:)JP
ReplyDelete