We have a 6' wooden fence all around the front yard which we had installed about 20 years ago. We kept having strangers pound on our front door at odd hours (we are 1 block off a major street) and we got tired of it, especially with 2 children at home. So, the fence went up. Now, the city just grandfathers it in, but we occasionally get a notice to clean up the old boards (which we do...). Anyway, we need it with Ripley because, as I said, we live one block off a major street here in town and I wouldn't want her to get loose and wander out there.
So, to my horror, GUESS who greeted me at the front gate yesterday? Yup...Ripley. There is a small hole in the gate by the side of the house and how she can wiggle her body through that, I'll never know. I guess it is "mind over matter". I've plugged it up with a piece of plywood, but now she's dug out the boards next to the plywood and getting out. I put our chain link GATE over it. She crawled behind the gate and got out! Next, I've put our two huge green trash cans supporting the gate, so I'll see today if that keeps her in. She doesn't ever get out of the front fence (THANK GOODNESS), and I need to call Jennifer's neighbor and have him come out and build us a new gate for the side of the house!!!!!!!!
THIS is the escape artist! See the 6' fence in the front yard? She gets through the side gate and has now nearly demolished it. BAD DOG!

LOL! A very determined lady...:)JP
ReplyDelete