COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, January 8, 2015

More from the Living Desert Reserve

I went back to the LDR yesterday afternoon to buy some hummingbird-friendly plants and I bought 3 one-gallon ones.  One was a salvia, another one a penstamen, and the third was something with long purple bells on it.  The little hummingbirds are loving the lavender plants out front (I've planted 3 of them) and the other flowering bushes.

Here are a few more pics from last Saturday's visit.  There is always much to see there and, at my age, I just can't see EVERYTHING in one visit any more!   :-(  I remember the days when I could teach all day and then take a 1 3/4 mile hike up by Eisenhower Peak!  NO MORE!   :-(  I just kind of saunter along these days, stopping to take photos!

 This guy just would NOT turn his head around!  He was focused on something the other direction.
 The war hogs were eating their breakfast.  Look how this one is down on his front legs!
Taken through a glass partition.  He was VERY interesting in our 22 month old granddaughter!  Thank goodness the glass was there!

3 comments:

  1. I just love the clarity of your photos and Glad I found your blog through another blogger. Perhaps I can learn a bit from your photography, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything I've learned I learned from my husband. We have actually taken classes at Sammy's Camera in LA and a couple more, especially when we both got our Canon cameras. There are some good you tube videos, as well, as I do ASK a lot of questions!
    Cheryl Ann~~Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local junior college has classes, too, but I've never taken any there...read, look, observe, ask questions! :-)

    ReplyDelete