COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Gettin' out Saturday

This is the first Saturday in a while that I actually STILL have energy after working all week.  My plan is to drive out to the Whitewater Preserve this morning, and then stop at the Whitewater Rock & Supply company to pick out some rocks for my ever-expanding garden.  We'll see...  I also want to stop at our neighborhood nursery and buy 2 packages of sunflower seeds to plant along our fence on the east side.  They will get full sun all day except the early morning hours and should grow to the top of the fence.  I'll be sure and plant them out about a foot from the fence.

SOMETHING is getting to my sunflowers out front, on the other fence.  I have 4 dead ones.  Each one mysteriously died overnight.  I don't know what is killing them, but I've gone out in the mornings to water and one by one, they are stooped over and brown!  Now, these were all young and healthy plants!  Any ideas?  ALL the sunflowers within the fence, in our front yard itself, are doing just fine...it's the ones outside our front fence that are mysteriously dying.

Trees up in Anza are already blooming.  It's a very early Spring.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps an insect of some sort is getting to the roots or a rodent with an appetite!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. the roots - that is what i was thinking - possibly gophers enjoying themselves but you would no doubt see the dirt piled up around it i would think.

    ReplyDelete