COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, February 12, 2015

No national park fees this coming weekend

Gaelyn over at her blog, http://geogypsytraveler.com/2015/02/11/three-day-fee-free-weekend/ reminded everyone that this coming weekend is a fee-free weekend at national parks.  We used to be able to take advantage of that, but, since we are now both over 62, we have our Senior Passes.  I actually purchased mine last year at Joshua Tree National Park and believe me, it has come in handy!  When I drive up to Lake Hemet, I put it on the car dashboard at the national forest part of the picnic area and I can park and hop out and take photos.  Thinking back a year, I don't think I used mine anywhere else.  We didn't go to any national parks last summer.  We spent a week up on the Mogollon Rim with our son and daughter-in-law, and grandson, and a week up in the June Lake loop.  But we didn't use our Senior Pass at either of those locations.  Hmmmm....maybe it's time for a visit to a national park this summer?

More photos of Joshua Tree National Park:
 That's Mt. San Gorgonio, part of the San Bernardino mountains.

 I love to see the pinyon trees nestled among the rocks.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get a chance to use that pass more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot about her blog - i like geogypsy and must bookmark it again.

    have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete