COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, February 1, 2015

I went to the nursery today and found this little guy

It was a beautiful, clear morning here in the desert today and after hubby went to work, I headed out with my camera.  I didn't have a destination in mind.  First, I went to the park.  Then, I drove around Rancho Mirage, up through "the cove".  Finally, I ended up at our local nursery, which has been around for 35 years.  It's up in a small cover on the border between Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage.  I used to go up there all the time, but, while raising our two children, I often didn't have time.  Now that they have their own families, and I have some free time (and some "disposable" income), I've started going there again.  Their prices aren't cheap, but they have row after row of flowers and plants.  Quail murmur along the ridges up there, and cactus wrens too.  Finches are all over because they hang socks of thistle.  They have a whole section of bird baths and waterfalls.  It's really a nice place just to go and wander.  I should go up there more often!  I mean, it is basically right up the street from our home!

Anyway, I was up there, wandering around, when this beautiful purple vine (NOT a potato vine!) caught my eye.  And, there was a hummingbird feeding on its tiny purple flowers.  One of the guys up there told me its name, but I've already forgotten it...It was FULL of flowers and this hummingbird was so busy getting nectar, I could hardly follow him with my camera!  I only got about 3 photos of him!  He was VERY busy!  I'm going to have to look for the plant online.  They didn't have any in stock or I would have bought one!  Let me know, PLEASE, if you know what this flowering shrub is!


1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what the shrub is, but I do know that is very pretty. The hummer and your photos are also...

    ReplyDelete