COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Not much going on here...

I've had a relapse of the flu virus which is going around.  I got it over the Martin Luther King holiday in January and I still have the cough.  Then I got a sore throat on Saturday and I knew I was doomed.  Once I get a sore throat, I'm TOAST.  I went to urgent care Monday and got a doctor's note to stay home for 3 days, which I've done.  I'll have to return to work tomorrow (Thursday).  At least I got 3 days of REST (actually 4, because I pretty much stayed home and rested Sunday).  So, I haven't been out much at all this week.  I've stayed home and watched movies:  The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Edge of Tomorrow, and Tombstone!  Oh, and I'm hooked on The History Channel's Legends of the Superstition Mountains.

I've run out over to Whole Foods to buys some soups and salads and yesterday I ran out to get dog food because I was completely out.  Otherwise, I'm just resting.  I need to kick this thing as I have parent conferences later in March and I'll need my strength for those!

I've rearranged the bird feeders in the yard so that now most of them are right outside my window when I have my laptop, but the windows are so old and dirty (I've tried cleaning them with Windex and then also vinegar!), but they are so bad that I can't get a decent photo.  And, if I go outside, the birds all disappear.  So, I mostly just sit and watch them.  The little female hummingbird is still around (maybe she has a nest?) and I did see her yesterday, but there were so many birds they scared her off the feeder.   Hmmmm....maybe I need to move the feeders, too.  I'm now making my own hummingbird food, since our neighborhood Target and WalMart no longer carry it.  4 parts water to 1 part sugar (organic, from Whole Foods!)...nothing but the best for the little hummers!  Oh, and I DID see her at my orange honeysuckle, which has blossoms on it and it is right outside my window.  OOPS!  The hawk flew by twice yesterday and scared all the birds away!

So, life here is pretty quiet.  I DO miss the kids, but I DO NOT miss their germs!  And, I've become a germ-a-holic.  I wash down their desks DAILY, I have them wash their hands, but GOSH DARN IT!  When a kid coughs right in my face, I KNOW I'm doomed!   :-(  WHY can't these sick kids stay home?????  I'm NOT a babysitter!  When I get sick, I have to use my sick days and I was out of them already at the beginning of this week.  I'll be docked $125 a DAY for each of the 3 days I've been out sick, and that's with a doctor's note.  Without a doctor's note, I would be docked my full days' pay, which is about 4x that amount.  And, it isn't fair...I go to work, get SICK because of the kids, then I get DOCKED because I'm SICK!  Please explain that to me....sigh...

Okay, enough of my venting!  here are some pics to cheer you up!
 A bright and cheerful cosmos in my front yard, out by the fence.
 This purple flowering plant is up at my neighborhood nursery.  The hummingbirds and butterflies love it!  I don't know its name...
 Flowering citrus up at my neighborhood nursery...they smell GREAT!
 A pretty purple flower...
More pretty flowers.

I may make a run up there this morning and buy more cosmos and zinnia seeds, since I'm all out...

1 comment:

  1. pretty blooms. I have my feeders pretty much right ouside the windows also and it makes it nice when i can't get outside to be able to see and photograph some. hope you get over that flu soon.. .

    ReplyDelete