COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lake Hemet

Since I had the day off yesterday, it was time to drive up and visit the horses and see if they are shedding.  Yup.  They are!  Anybody want to come help me brush 5 horses?  HA!  I took Sunni, Gigondas, and Quad out to either the round pen or arena, but then I was too tired to deal with either Scout or Lucille.  Lucille is no problem.  Scout, on the other hand, is a HANDFUL!  She's always testing me and she usually wins!  I need to find a teenaged girl who can handle her and have her come once a week, midweek, and take her out to the arena for some exercise!  She's just too difficult to handle if she's cooped up for a week and I only get up there on weekends...sigh...

Anyway, I wanted to drive all the way out to Lake Hemet to see the trees out there.  They are budding out right now.  No leaves yet, but in a couple of weeks, they should have some.  It's always so relaxing there.

Oh, and Timeless~~There were men installing a new roof on the Lake Hemet market!  I took a couple of photos, but it was high noon, and the roof insulating material reflected back.  Looks like they are sprucing up the place!

 New roof going on the Lake Hemet market.
 I couldn't tell what these were...too far away...
Yes, the lake is VERY low!

3 comments:

  1. My wife, Dolly would just love to have just one horse and you have five. Must be a lot of work to take care of that many.

    Neat photo of the sun bouncing off the market roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, they are all rescues. One off the track thoroughbred, another thoroughbred mare, on a slaughter-bound feedlot, 1 Wyoming mustang from the BLM, one part draft horse (his mother was bred for her urine), and 1 hand-me-down 1/2 draft, 1/2 gaited Tennessee walker mare. Phew! Every time I got a raise, I rescued another horse. I had 1 more horses, another feedlot mare, the LOVE of my life, and a palomino mustang, who I also loved. Cali, the mustang, died of a twisted intestine. Beauty I found dead in her corral one morning...no cause of death found...sigh...They are like my children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Lake Hemet - maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete