The engineer must have noticed my parked car as he gave a long toot! See how dusty it is?
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, February 23, 2015
Train a comin'!
I took a side road on the way home from Whitewater Saturday. I wanted to see if any trains were on the tracks and yes, indeed...I spotted one moving the opposite direction and then one coming toward me. It was extremely windy, but I wanted to drive out through Windy Point (Highway 111 on the way to Palm Springs), since I hadn't been on that road....let's see...for YEARS! Here are some photos of the train. You can see how dusty and cloudy it was behind the train. The entire valley was covered with dust from the wind! Later that day, all the roads across the wash were closed, due to blowing sand and dust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Really liked the train photos. The dust is everywhere, like fog. Always nice when the train conductor acknowledges us.
ReplyDeleteTrains, like airplanes always seem to catch my eye.....
ReplyDeletenice pics! i use to love to photograph our local trains when I would be in the area - whether they were coming in to the station in Claremont or UPland - or going through the area around the Mormon rocks up in Wrightwood. I never got a toot though... so there tootsie.
ReplyDeleteSandy, I was quite shocked to hear the toot! Maybe the engineer was bored? Probably was excited to see a car parked and me taking photos! Must have been a slow day!
ReplyDelete