COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, February 15, 2015

The President is in town!

Hubby and I both just stayed home yesterday.  Frankly, we were once again just too tired to go anywhere or do anything.  I puttered around the front yard and planted 2 large packages of seeds.  I fed the birds.  I was out back pulling up grass and weeds around my sweet peas (which are coming along nicely!) when I heard a loud, low, SLOW flying jet. I didn't know what time it was, but I figured it was about 10:00 a.m. This wasn't your typical jet flying into Palm Springs.  NO SIREEEEEE!  I got up and looked, and it was Air Force One!  Man, that plane is HUGE!  I ran screaming to Art to come out and see it, but by the time he did, it was too far away.  He has seen a couple of presidents anyway land at Palm Springs in the 60's.  He actually did see JFK land there one time (he DID, he really DID) and I forget now who the second one was.  I'll have to ask him.  But, for me, it was the first time I ever saw Air Force One and I was super excited!  I was so excited, I didn't even grab my camera!  I wouldn't have had time anyway...sigh...Our daughter, however, who lives down in Indio, was at their neighborhood park with our granddaughter and she heard it and got a photo on her cell phone!  Our son, who also lives in Indio, didn't even hear it.  (He was probably still asleep!)

I have to drive up to the horses today, but I may try to get over to Palm Springs tomorrow and see it on the runway.

Here are a couple of links from our local news stations, if you are interested:

http://www.kesq.com/news/president-obama-arrives-in-the-coachella-valley/31275898
and
http://www.kmir.com/story/28113164/president-obama-spending-weekend-in-the-valley

No comments:

Post a Comment