COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Got the rest of my seeds planted just in time!

Even though I wasn't feeling well on Sunday (I seem to have that FLU again!), I did manage to get out and plant the rest of my seeds:  sunflowers, Tithonia, black eyed Susans, cosmos, and zinnias.  I also had a couple of packs of chocolate flowers to plant.  We got rain overnight on Sunday, so I'm hoping that they will all enjoy that nice shower!   :-)  I can't wait for them to sprout and bloom, and maybe by late April, I'll have a nice, colorful front garden!  I also planted an orange-smelling honeysuckle right by my window, so hopefully the hummingbirds will like that, although I haven't seen ANY for 2 days now.  I did see one hummer out by the side porch and I've moved a feeder over there.  I DID see the Cooper's hawk sail through the yard yesterday after some doves.  I'm home for 2 more days because of my flu/fever/sore throat, so maybe I'll see a hummingbird today or tomorrow.  Here are just some random photos of my flowers, so far.
 A white cosmos out front.
 African daisies.
An orange African daisy with some alyssum.  I really enjoy the alyssum.

2 comments:

  1. All those hopefully are helping you feel better...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers and you know the names. If I put a flower on my blog, unfortunately, I will not know the name of it. But they are pretty.

    ReplyDelete