COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Grapes

I did take my camera with me to school on Friday and i did stop by the vineyards to take some photos of the vineyards and growing grapes.  Right now the grapes are tiny niblets!  VERY tiny!

There are some vineyards right off the Dillon Road exit, past the Chevron, Mobil, and Love's gas stations and truck stops.  There is a large block of them.  Some of the vines are older than others.  I like the old vines.  I love their twists and turns.  I'm guessing these are over 50 years old.  Hubby always tells me that wine vineyards don't last much after 50+ years, so I'm guessing these table grape vines are about 50 years.  I could be wrong, however.  If you know, please let me know.

There are vineyards further down the valley, across the freeway from my school, but I don't drive out that way any more.  A young woman was killed out there a few years ago and it is just too creepy! But these vineyards are within sight of the truck stops and gas stations, and they are on Dillon Road, toward the hills.  If you have a chance, do stop by and admire them.
 OLD vines!
 I love their twists and turns!
 Baby grapes!


 Old vines.
Newer vines...BORING!

No comments:

Post a Comment