Today's my birthday. Yup...on Valentine's Day. And I'm 63 years young today! It was also my parents' wedding anniversary, so they always had to take me with them when they went out to dinner. They are both gone now and I miss them dearly.
Anyway, hubby wants to know what I want for dinner and he will cook it for me. Getting a reservation here in town is nearly impossible. Besides, he cooks better than most chefs! He does it to relax and destress. So, let me think...lamb? chicken kabobs? No beef. I haven't eaten beef in several years now.
I left school promptly yesterday and got my last 6 plants planted in the front yard. It's funny how it has taken me 40 years to have the garden out front that I've always wanted! I never had the time or energy until now to do it. I've moved some rocks around so I have rocks in between the plants and I've set up my bird feeding stations so that I can see them from my office window. In fact, the birds are already here this morning, feeding on yesterday afternoon's seeds. A bee was on the lavender (I bought 2 more plants), so that's a good sign, too. I have two packets of hummingbird seed favorites and I'll get those seeds planted today. I really AM enjoying my garden view. I haven't seen any butterflies yet, but I did plant 2 packages of butterfly favorite seeds. The painted ladies were out on Indian Avenue last weekend and I haven't seen that many of them for years. It looks like we MIGHT have a good wildflower year here in the desert this year and hopefully up on Highway 74 too.
Enjoy your day! These are some of the flowers in my garden. I also have flox, salvia, and a snapdragon.
Cheryl Ann


Happy Birthday, Cheryl Ann. You have the greatest Valentine's Day ever!
ReplyDeleteYou're lucky to have a husband that cooks. I still eat TV dinners. Can't seem to master cooking. Don't have the patience.
Happy Birthday and i hope you have a great one - ...i know what you mean about having the time - i always had the energy but the time...to have a garden when I was working ..I did a lot of yard work though...but never quite got the garden i wanted.
ReplyDeleteHow nice, you, like myself, have a husband who cooks It's great.
I'm a year older than you, turned 64 in Dec.
hope your day is great! love the flower photos.
Happy Birthday and enjoy that garden!,,,:)JP
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Valentine baby! How lovely to enjoy your gardening and yard. Hoping for good wildflowers in the desert.
ReplyDelete