COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, February 9, 2015

Joshua Tree

It was such a beautiful morning yesterday that I HAD to get out of the house and go for a drive somewhere.  So, hubby agreed to tag along (he wanted to get out, too!).  We headed up past the Palm Springs windmills to Joshua Tree national park.  We were both starving by 10:30, so we stopped at the McDonalds in Joshua Tree for our second breakfast!  With no food with us, it was a smart decision.  We stayed in the park for a couple of hours and just drove around.  I'll be posting photos all week of our visit.

I'm always so impressed with the jumble of rocks at the western entrance.  All the campgrounds were FULL (it being a 3 day weekend for some of us!) and I'm sure next weekend the park will be full, too. Still, it's such a beautiful place we didn't really mind all the cars.  We prefer it on a quiet day, but we both have weekends off work and that's when the park is full.

7 comments:

  1. Great that you were just at the park. I can view your blog for ideas. Your photos make it look inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the teaser and reminding me of a three-day weekend coming up. That could change my plans a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such blue skies and lots of sun....:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to spend time in the Park. Always great to photograph, even on busy weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Net time let me know you are going and I'll give you the location of a place or two that 99.99% of the tourists don't see and will never know about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed Joshua tree this past season. On our list for possibly next winter. Looking forward to the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we went there last year and i've forgotten to post the photos. i'll have to do that soon. I love it up there - my husbands parents had two lots farther up - not sure what little town - and now they are ours - not sure what to do with them they are near a home depot up further. we need to go check on them some day in the near future - to see if neighbors are using them for parking lots.

    ReplyDelete