COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Looking back at our Vegas trip...

I could live there...hubby, too.  Not IN Las Vegas, but in the suburbs around it.  A move to Nevada would save me $900 a MONTH in taxes when I retire!  YES, California will tax my retirement THAT MUCH!!!

We saw some really nice horses ranches out past Summerlin.  VERY NICE!  And, who wouldn't love that view of the red mountains?  There temps there aren't that much different than ours and they seem to have WATER!  of course, with all the development going on, that might change in the future.  We didn't even bother driving out to Lake Mead because one of the rangers at Red Rock Canyon was telling people that it is so low, there's nothing to see in some spots!  That's a real shame.  I certainly hope California can figure out the water situation here.  We NEED farmers.  We NEED water.  We don't need to waste water on golf courses (just my opinion), but, on the other hand, cities need the tourism bucks.  Right now the Coachella music festival is in full swing and every hotel from here to Palm Springs is booked.

Changing subjects, I heard coyotes howling this morning.  Now, that's something I haven't heard in YEARS!  And, Ripley, our black lab (who I suspect is part coyote...) answered them!  YIKES!  There is a storm drain/wash system about 3/4 of a mile from our house and coyotes have used that route for years.  But, I haven't heard them in the mornings or at night for many, many years.  AND, a flock of geese just flew over our house, heading north.  I could hear them honking, so Al & Kelly, look for my friends, will you?

Just a few photos to brighten up your day.  I'm heading up to the horses today.  I need to buy bags of pellets to supplement their alfalfa, so I'll have to...er... clean out the back of my Honda CRV!

 Red rocks..
 Pretty view...
 I love the shadows on the mountains!
Darn pretty up there!  This is from the Springs Mountain ranch area...

1 comment:

  1. Do I see a move in your future? I think water is a problem all over the Southwest.

    ReplyDelete