COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Red Rock Canyon

Yesterday we visited both Spring Mountain ranch STATE park ($9.00 entrance fee) and Red Rock Canyon FEDERAL park (free entrance with our senior pass).  By the time we hit Red Rock canyon, there was a line of cars to enter and there were long lines of cars driving through the park.  Not exactly my cup of tea!  I preferred the quiet Spring Mountain ranch park this trip.  I've always liked Red Rock canyon, but after the state park, it was...well..disappointing!  I didn't take many photos.  I just wasn't into it.  I would highly recommend you do the scenic drive, but also stop and go through the state park, which is just down the road.  I think you'll see from my photos that I wasn't that inspired by Red Rock canyon this visit.  If you want to read about the Spring Mountain ranch and see the photos I took there, please read the previous two posts.

 I took this while waiting to enter the park.  I was bored.
 Probably as close to a mountain lion as I'll ever be...this stuffed one is inside the visitor center.
 While hubby was taking photos of the rocks, I looked the other direction.
 Red rocks...
 More red rocks...
Leaving Red Rock Canyon.  I probably would have enjoyed it more if we hadn't already visited Valley of Fire and the Spring Mountain Ranch state park.  To just drive around a scenic road and to be plagued by too many tourists just wasn't for me.  There were traffic jams all along the scenic road.  I don't remember that from our previous visits.

1 comment: