COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, April 20, 2015

Nothing much going on here...

It was a quiet weekend.  We had breakfast with our son and his two children (the 6 year old and the 4 month old).  This was after the 6 year old's T-ball game.  Then, we had dinner with our daughter, son-in-law, and the 2 year old.  Drove home and fell asleep right away!   :-)

Yesterday, I stayed in my pajamas all day.  I was exhausted.  I really DO need one day of complete "down" time, I'm finding out.  Working 5 days, doing chores and errands 1 day, and then 1 day of peace & quiet is my new routine.

I do like to sit at my laptop and watch the birds out in the front yard.  I have 2 or 3 hummingbirds who now come to the feeders, doves, finches, and sparrows.  I hear mockingbirds down the street and one will occasionally land on the fence.  I haven't seen the grosbeaks yet, but it is still early for them.  And, I tend to my flowers out front.  I have daisies, California poppies, sunflowers, and some lavender.  There is a blue flower that the hummingbirds enjoy, also, but I haven't identified it yet.

So, no....I didn't get up to the horses this weekend.  Just too darn tired and worn out.  And, it's a long haul until the 3 day Memorial weekend.


 My old cat, Loki.  I believe he is now 18 years old. He outlived two of our German Shepherds.
 Cosmos out front...
Nice mixture.

Believe it or not, I actually use recycled bath (shower) water on my plants.  California is in the middle of a very extensive drought, so I don't waste water!  We don't have a lawn on the fence side of the front yard, we have rocks out in front of the fence, and we haven't had a lawn in the front yard for about 10 years, ever since the trees got big enough to choke off sunlight for a lawn.  We don't use sprinklers on any of it, either.  I hand water everything, and, like I said above, I use a bucketful of our shower water on the plants.

1 comment:

  1. Down days are great, let's us recharge our batteries. Your flowers are gorgeous. Good that you reuse the bath water.

    ReplyDelete