Hubby attended his convention yesterday and was quite pleased with it. While he was there, I didn't wish to return to the hotel and deal with valet parking and then going back up to the 10th floor of the hotel, so I drove down past the Las Vegas Clark County airport. Man, that is a BUSY airport! I think a plane either landed or took off every 30 seconds. I parked my car in the shade first at the Whole Foods, then I ventured across Las Vegas Blvd. to the sports center and found a quiet shady spot and watched them land and take off. I finally got the nerve to drive down the full length of the airport. It seemed to me that the domestic planes landed on one strip, while the international flights landed at a right angle to them. Is this correct? Southwest, Alaska, and some prop planes landed near the Whole Foods, while United, Delta, and some other airline landed at the far side of the airport.
Here are some photos I took for you plane buffs! :-) A couple of them came in literally right over my head! I liked the prop one. Maybe somebody can identify the types of planes? The Southwest ones were vividly painted...
I couldn't see the name of the one above...
Jet Blue...
Southwest...
Don't know which airline this one is...
I LOVED this prop plane...
Another Southwest
Alaska air...
I could watch airplanes all day long.
ReplyDeleteME TOO! I LOVE to watch them! :-) And, I had a couple of nice, shady spots to do just that. Really, I could have stayed all day!
ReplyDelete